|I have over 10 years experience working in the
computer industry. I spent many years before that troubleshooting and working
on machines informally. Computers have always been a hobby and I collect
machines of different architectures just to compare their performance and
abilities; Alpha's (by the former Digital Equipment Corporation) will always
be my favorite. I keep up on the latest computer news and visit many sites
and communities daily to learn about the latest tools and security holes.
The industry is in a constant state of flux and it is a full time job staying
ahead of possible problems. I really enjoy the challenge.
Since August 2001 I have (and currently):
· Provided cross platform solutions to business and institutional
· Served as principle systems architect for business and institutional customers
· Managed and installed business solutions for customers
· Designed databases using standard Open Source SQL
· Done security analysis and solution implementation
· Evaluated and assessed backup needs and implemented solutions
· Designed infrastructure solutions for remote business locations
Western International University,
Phoenix, AZ Summer, 2001 to Summer 2002
· Master’s of Science in Information Systems Engineering.
Thesis focused on business model of distance education in the K-12 environment.
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
Fall, 1995 to Fall, 1996
· Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, minor in Anthropology
Anthropology), Latin American Emphasis.
· Served as Vice President of the Political Science Honor Society
chapter (Pi Sigma Alpha).
Universidad Francisco Marroquin,
Guatemala City, Guatemala, C.A. Spring, 1995 to Summer, 1995
· Arranged personal study-abroad program resulting in 18 upper
· Prepared all papers, projects and exams, and attended all lectures
· Designed, conducted and interpreted original social science research.
Hardware platforms: DEC
Alpha (AXP), M680x0,
and Non-Apple), SPARC, x86
Networking: DSL,Cable, VSAT, Ethernet, Router,
Token-Ring, Fiber Optic, VLAN.
SCSI-RAID, IDE, IDE-RAID, Optical writers.
Operating Systems: DOS, FreeBSD,
HP-UX (10.2), Linux (Debian,
MacOS 6.x – 8.x, SunOS, Solaris, Windows 3.11, 95, 98, NT3.51,
NT4, 2000, ME, XP.
Shell Scripting, Snort,